View Single Post
Old 13-10-2021, 09:55 PM   #15981
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Thanks for the info.

I actually downloaded my certificate to the new Services Australia app on my iPhone, and did not notice that effect at first.

It's quite cool watching the emblem move in the background as you tilt the phone.

I also downloaded it from the Medicare Mobile Express app straight into Apple wallet as well, and the certificate looks totally different with a green background to what you get in the Services app?

What I also found, is that if you download your certificate in PDF from Medicare in MyGov, its a secure password protected file that can't be changed or edited for added security when you need to email it (like to your employer, etc).
I believe they want to move away from relying solely on the file certificate (doc with green background) that you download and store on your phone. It'll probably be accepted for a few months only. It is quite easily forged, unless the venue has access to medicare to confirm number, name? Too much overhead when you have people coming and going. Like a waiter can tell what is real or not?

Not a fan of someone else setting a password that you can't change. When you start sharing it, you will need to give people your password, and since you can't change it, more and more people will know that one password. The PDF won't last long as a valid doc I don't think.

The app is the way to go. By loading it into the Services app, the validation is done once when loaded, so venues can trust the app rather than the certificate itself. I guess someone can always hack the app, so it then becomes a cat and mouse game, dev security updates vs hackers finding exploits.

Its all sounding a bit orwellian, but I am going to say, at some stage in the future, you will swipe your phone as you enter venues, and a machine will read the services app and alert someone if it fails. No human will need to visually inspect every phone and judge whether the doc is genuine or not.

The other possibility is, the virus eventually dies down and becomes less potent, and just becomes the common flu....then hopefully we can do away with all this in a few years time.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
3 users like this post: