View Single Post
Old 20-04-2006, 03:08 PM   #130
The Dok
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
They look fine with halogens at the moment though.
I have been running HIDs for the last 12 months ... and I can tell you ... they may prematurely damage the headlight internals ... especially if the projector cup is not made of metal.

You may end up melting it ... this is one reason why I am going to be ditching my HID kit in the not too distant future (plus mine is a H4 kit ... so it won't fit the new lights ... if i can get a set ... hopefully buying this coming weekend).
They actually do look to have (better than I expected) terrific output. He, ("Duffman") still needs to play around with the aiming, but as explained it's a trial & error thing. Personally, I'm not a fan of HIDs so really can't comment from experience regarding heat issues, but given that the reflector is not made of metal, I would like to say.......be careful. I'm now assembling the "new (slightly) improved" headlights I'll be bringing to the AU BBQ on Sunday, so Mechan1k, you will have "first option" on them on the day.

Oh & Duffie old boy, if you leave NOW..........you can still make it to the big day on Sunday :the_finge

Last edited by The Dok; 20-04-2006 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Cause, that's all.