Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2022, 02:40 PM   #130
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

My kids pretty stubborn, but kind of in a good way. Ages ago i took all the good parts out of a traxxas rustler i had and gave them to him for his traxxas bigfoot. A bigfoot is just a stampede with a good looking body. So apart from the stampede being a monster truck and the rustler being a stadium truck, theyre for the best part the same. So all the good bits he put in his truck, but not the brushless esc and motor i gave him. I was on him for ages saying it will be heaps better, but he was more of the attitude his stock brushed setup isnt broken yet.
So anyhow, he has now put the brushless gear in and tells me its now heaps fast.
So he threw down a race. Just a drag race on grass, but off the bat wanted to go my heavily modified 6s monster truck on 6s batteries to his with 7 cell nihms.
I said no, so negotiations, round 1 (once i fix it) will be my short course truck on 3s and ill lend him my other 3s battery. I reckon his truck on 3s will get my stock short course truck off the line. Round 2 i proposed his truck on 3s vs my monster truck on 4s (the esc is 4s minimum). That will for him be like taking chopsticks to a steak restaurant.
So no round 3 i dont think. Instead ill slap the 6s in the monster truck and he can thrash about with it.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: