Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2022, 02:47 PM   #144
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

Not to much to report on. So the short course truck i decided to keep stock is reliable, not heaps fast, but doesnt break stuff. Yeah it has aftermarket wheels and tyres on it and cooling fans, but still stock everything else. I did make a wiring harness to put the spare fancy ally 21000rpm fans i have on it. It doesnt even need cooling fans at all, but eh.
Odd issue with my overpowered monster truck. Yes its modified to the 9s, but i reckon the stock short course truck is more fun even though its comparatively slow.
So the issue i had with the monster truck, initially i thought I'd munched the centre diff. Thought 2 was stripped a spur, thought 3 was the grub screw on the pinion had backed out. So i was wrong on all 3. Thankfully the centre diff was fine (they're not heaps expensive yet not what I'd consider pocket change). Spur gear, its an upgraded steel wide one, its fine. It wasnt the grub screw for the pinion, the 27 tooth pinion was now a 3 tooth.
I have the bits to sort it, new peanut and a spur just because. But normally upgrades move failures down the line. Going from street tyres to aggressive off road tyres sent the failure point the opposite direction.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: