Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2022, 11:45 PM   #146
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

So today i decided to run my traxxas slash. So the stock short course truck. So lately ive been back to honeymooning my traxxas maxx. Only because its fixed. But that thing, well the sum of the aftermarket parts surpasses the original purchase price by quite a bit. The maxx is stupid fast though.
Anyhow. The slash, that thing is awesome. I like it because its stock but typically doesnt break. Well, not untill today. That being said, i crashed it pretty hard and all it did was pop off a shock cap. Not the end of the world as i have a bottle of shock oil so putting the shock back together was a simple job.
What i like about the slash is, and this might sound silly. Because i have a fast rc car, but having a stocky, it keeps the fun in it. So the slash doesnt have the gps in it or anything like that in it. The only aftermarket electronics are cooling fans, but they're cheap insurance not go fast bits. So i dunno how fast it is, at a guess maybe 60kmh topped out. But, its snappy, handles good and i like it.
The maxx, well, thats more of a because i can kind of thing. I do like it, but ive got that much into it that crash it properly, thats expensive. Stuff like extended suspension arms and all the associated that goes with that. It does have the bluetooths, gps and all the other sensors. It gears out at 141kmh on the gps. The maxx isnt on the stock 4s esc or motor. And tyres. So even before i ran the slash out of the box, i put on aftermarket mounted tyres and rims. Thats a whatever. You wear out the stock tyres you'll change them anyways.
So before i threw bulk power at the maxx, i had already put in the gps doodle and gears. Didnt like how unpredictable the stockys were as theyd balloon and just unsettled things. So belted tyres on beadlocks was the way forward. It gps'd 79kmh. 6s esc and battery on the 4s motor upping the 26t pinion to a 27t. 130kmh. I knew this, so no comment, when the stock motor grenaded it took out all the electronics bar the gps.
So new steering servo, new reciever, new telemetry expander, new esc, new motor. It was like a breand new rc car! This time was with the 6s motor that i complain about but do really like. When i say it tops out at 141, its not a claim that its done it once, thats its ceiling. Its hit that more then enough times.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote