Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 07:22 PM   #167
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

So in the past week i did a couple minor things to each of my rc cars. Nothing note worthy. However. Long story short, a few years back for chrismas i bought my kid his bigfoot. So its a traxxas stampede with a good looking body on it. Pretty pricey at the time yet still brushed and 2wd. So the boy was 7.
He had to proove himself. Yes a traxxas stampede is an entry level 'hobby grade' rc car. But, without throwing POWER at it after a while he did prove he could handle it. So 1st mods were a wheelie bar and wheels and tyres. Same same really, all that really does is make it betterer, all the tyres do is make it corner better, all the wheelie bar is is give him confidence doing wheelies as opposed to being over protective about scraping stuff.
So, he proved his ability. I gave him the esc and brushless motor out of the stadium truck i broke before he was born.
So again long story short, he was larry as happy with the sc-10 and 4000kv motor.
And deng i got back i to it. So in this period, i let him run my truck, had to get on his back to get into it. Modified that whatever.
Then he wanted an rc drift car. I dont know head to tail about those so i asked what they cost?
Standard answer 1000. Same as when you ask anyone who has an is300 and wants to turbo it. 2j.. They say 1000hp
So i gave my kid 600, thats for the lot. He did good, it was his choice. So no one talking over his shoulder, his choice. He didnt make a bad one at all i dont think. A team magic e4d mf, so carbon fibre chassis thing, enough for 2 batteries and a charger and a couple $ pocket change.
Well actually, i said let me handle the batteries and charger, still under budget, having the freedom he made the best decision, bought aftermarket tyres.
So i genuinely do not understand rc drift cars.
So my kids car has a 34/66 bias front to rear and is a belt drive awd. What i know is you cannot run grippy tyres with that or you snap drive belts.
He has an LED kit installed. He also has a spare shell. That was my input. Have one to beat the crappers out of and have one that is like me, incredibly good looking.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: