Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 15-07-2022, 02:21 PM   #169
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

So finally my backyard has dried out enough to no longer be considered a swamp. So yesterday i ran both my rc cars. The minor thing i did in the mean time to the short course truck was install an rpm sensor. So it already had the bluetooth, but tell it the gearing, tyre size etc it can give calculated wheel speed.
So before i go too far, i like that car alot, its pretty well stock performance wise aside from a larger pinion gear that came in the box.
So i didnt think the thing was fast. Quick off the line, but not fast. Im now kinda thinking thats more of a visual illusion. So in my yard i cannot run it out all the way, but it did see 60-65kmh a few times. So pretty good. The gearing i have in it the factory claim is 100+. I doubt that, maybe 90 tops. But still, not bad for a stock 3s thing with the larger pinion in it it came with.
The only real comparison ive had is at the park with my kid and going side by side with my monster truck thats got all the parts and runs 6s batteries. So that thing will do 145kmh back to back on the gps. Line both up, say go, regardless of who drives what, the short course truck will always get 2 or more car lengths off the line, but get absolutely freight trained by the monster truck. If it wasnt like that, id be upset with myself, the only parts ive changed on the short course truck are parts ive broken, so abuse. The monster truck, well, thats different. The short course truck i bought a while after the monster truck. Aim being something stock that i can still have fun with and not break every time i use it then have to wait for parts. So far its done that to a degree.
The monster truck is pretty well sorted. Well, it was proper sorted untill yesterday. Steering servo crapped out (again). So untill recently i didnt know there was a conversion kit to fit a regular size servo. Aftermarket oversized servos, you almost have re mortgage your house, the stock 8kg plastic one is cheaper but still drug money, so thats why i went stock. I probably should have been smarter, but thats not a character trait i have.
The servo conversion kit was $8. A standard size 25kg servo with metal bits in it was ¼ the price of the stock one.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: