View Single Post
Old 15-07-2022, 09:05 PM   #1618
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I'm undertaking a Mental Health First Aid course for work. Currently doing the online study prior to the face to face session late next week.

A stat on suicides that surprised me:

Males accounted for 76% of suicides.

Among males, the highest rate of suicide was in those aged 85 years and over, while the lowest was in those aged under 19 years.

I know we have a large male cohort on these forums. Gents, you are more likely to suicide than your female partners, relatives and friends. And, if you're in an older cohort, you're more likely again.

Please, please talk to someone if you are feeling depressed or considering suicide. Rest assured, you're not the only one to feel this way. It is far more common than you think. And most people are able to overcome their depression and return to having a healthy mental condition, especially after seeking help.

Look after yourselves and your mates around you.
I'm guessing this because older males feel they can't talk about depression. It's something I have found working with an older generation of males, they just ignore it.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: