Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2022, 11:51 AM   #177
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

So on monday i got and fitted the ally shocks to the short course truck. Cannot say if they make a difference, my son ran the car. From his trusted opinion, its same same.
But towards the end of the run i heard a noise. Asked my kid. He agreed, clutch slipping too much.
In my mind it just needed to be tightened up as its not self adjusting and clutch shoes are a wear item.
I was almost right. It was clutch, but this is the second one to shatter itself. This time the metal bits also took teeth off the pinion gear and munted the spur gear. Gears are cheap.
So regardless, i need to do something about the clutch situation. Its a slipper clutch, so really only there as a form of traction control on a race track. So not needed for bashing about.
Cheap option would be slap another clutch in the thing and be nice to it, but wheres the fun in that. So i went the more expensive route and ordered a centre differential to eliminate the clutch.
My monster truck has no clutch and a centre diff, its never had an issue even though its overpowered, so cannot see a downside to converting the stock powered short course truck to a centre diff.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: