Thread: Radio control
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 02:12 PM   #188
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Radio control

I got the 2 new 3s lipos to replace the 1 bum one last tuesday. 1st one ballance charged as per usual. They come with a maintenance charger on them so thats straight forward. The second new battery. Well, not the same case. It was way off. So they are 3 cell lipos, fully charged = 4.2v per cell. 1st was even at 3.6v per cell so charged no issue. 2nd battery, it was 3.7, 2.4 and 3.2. So my fancy charger said nope. So i did what danny dont does. Set my charger to nihm and blasted it for 5 minutes keeping an eye out for cells puffing or getting warm. Righto, not the recomended method, but set to lipo ballance, the charger recognised the battery. So new battery 1 took 40 minutes to ballance charge. New battery 2 i marked with an X. It took about 5 hours to ballance. Nothing sus heat wise or anything, just took ages so i had a late night.
Ran the sus battery. Ran fine. I was half expecting it to spontaneously combust. It did not. Ran it out and slapped it on the charger after it cooled down. 40 minutes on ballance and its good.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote