View Single Post
Old 22-10-2022, 03:36 PM   #5
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Pot holes and tyre pressure

Yeah, the B-series factory rims overall seemed pretty weak. The inside of Dad's rims look hexagonal shape. POS Ghia isn't too pretty either.

I think most of my problem with the FPV was the driveway at my old work. It was an old site in Laverton and had one of hose stepped gutter driveways and the step was bigger than normal. If I went over the driveway at the wrong angle it would damage the rim, so I worked out if I went a particular way the chance for damage dropped. My driveway at home was the same, but the step wasn't as tall.

I always got them repaired at Neway Wheels in Preston. It's been a long time but I think it was around $70 to have the inner edge fixed. Was $30 to $40 more to fix up any chips or gutter rash and repaint the lip. They always did a great job, but cant speak for them these days.

The worst part was I could only get 1 wheel done at a time, or if I was very lucky occasionally 2. So I'd have to drop a wheel off, go back a couple of days later and swap out a rim and go back in a few days. Took a week or 2 to get them all done.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: