View Single Post
Old 21-02-2005, 10:45 AM   #30
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASACL
Sounds to me like you really dont know how to drive properly! The clutch is different to your typical falcon... But the real question is whether that Falcon of your a manual or an auto???

*******NOW TAKING BETS ON WHY POLY CANT DRIVE*********

Dont come in here and try and mock our fine pieces or euro machinery... We dont go into the falcon forums and make stuff up so that we seem like a total tosser to complete strangers so why should you?

Russ
lol..settle down there russ.

If you knew anything you would see in my sig that my falcon is a manual. I cant drive hey?..we'll you might want to inform my supervisor at ford of that because I drive 24/7 testing things you have no clue about.

Im not completely bagging the focus. The 1.8 is underpowered no matter how much you get defensive about it. I know for a FACT that the focus g'box has the quality of a 2000 Accent. Its notchy, sounds like poo, and the engagment point is on the high side, exactly the same as the fiesta (in terms of engagement).

I also drive a 2000 (sb?) barina on regular occasions, and that has a nice gearbox (in relative terms), smooth, and good feel; the focus just doesn't cut it there.

And if you read my post I said that the focus handles brilliantly; its the powertrain that lets it down. Now, hopefully the new focus will address this.

Anyday, anywhere; give me the same car as you and ill run rings around you. Actually if you want to race bring you focus to calder and its on. Untill then keep your off-the-shoulder comments to yourself.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 21-02-2005 at 10:47 AM.