View Single Post
Old 09-03-2023, 05:08 PM   #393
Batman105E

Default Re: Global New Ranger Raptor reveal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumboot View Post
So I have a question. My Ranger Raptor is apparently nearly here. 10 month wait.

I have a singed contract for a drive away price minus my deposit from last year.

The dealer has contacted me and said they want to send me a new contract with updated prices to sign. Said it was for things like rego has gone up from 2022 when i signed the first contract to 2023 etc . I confirmed no changes to the initially agreed vehicle price. I haven't seen the actual changes yet.

So is this normal, or do I insist on the initial contract. I just have not had that happen to me before.

Your advice please.

Cheers
I was in the similar situation. I have one on order which was placed in August 2022, expected delivery sometime after August 2023. I signed a contract on a MY2022 model Raptor. As of March 2023 Ford are no longer making MY2022 cars so the contract was not valid. The MY2023 Raptor took a $1300 price rise. There was no option other than to accept the price rise and sign another contract. Everyone expecting a Raptor that had signed for a MY2022 but is getting a MY2023 is in the same boat.

I am not sure of your situation, I don't know enough about contract law.

Good luck.
Batman105E is offline   Reply With Quote