View Single Post
Old 25-05-2023, 03:20 PM   #11
AlanM

Default Re: 2013 Zetec music streaming on Bluetooth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
ah, I only just twigged that you'd bought just the head unit. I thought you'd bought the whole Zetec car so my reply is probably a little wacky.

I've got no idea what's going on really but definitely could be a difference in the car if you're trying to put a zetec head unit into an LX (if I'm understanding correctly). The Sony HU in my Zetec ties in with the dash display for some info/setting/functionality (eg. changing HU time, selecting phone contacts, selecting audio inputs etc) so without the appropriate dash the HU may be somewhat crippled.

Why have you changed the head unit?

I'd be tempted to change to get a new fascia that can accept a double Din unit and get a kenwood, sony etc with carplay/android auto.
What happened was my bluetooth wasn't working at all. I tested with another stereo in another car, and it was the BT module not working.

Nearby someone was wrecking a Zetec, so I got the bluetooth module from them, hooked it up to my stereo and with an app on the phone could see it was transmitting bluetooth, but I couldn't get my phone to pair. I also couldn't unbond the existing phones, 5 of them using my head unit.

So I offered $50 for the Sony HU, that or I'd just put the BT module back. They accepted, so I wound up with the Zetec BT module and Sony.

Even if it doesn't stream music, it's got some advantages, a good one being it can voice dial straight out the directory, with the old stereo I had to pre-record names and numbers.

I really like the complete hands free voice calling capability, the lack of which puts me off fitting most aftermarket units.

The stereo itself seems OK, but the Ford CD 6000 always surprised me with how good it sounded, for a stock base model stereo.

With the clock, when I installed the Sony, it automatically got the right time from the car, so no issue there.

Last edited by AlanM; 25-05-2023 at 03:27 PM.
AlanM is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: