View Single Post
Old 07-06-2023, 08:19 AM   #15
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Harder to get custom exhaust work done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
There’s also a lot of lost motion; I’ve been using the place recommended by Wiz a bit and the knowledgeable people are consistently called to respond to inquiries that require experienced discussion, not counter staff looking up a catalogue or estimating book.

…Plus the all-too-frequent expectation of near immediate service!
Funny you say that. Spoke to another mob 2 weeks ago, they did a custom job for my T3 TE50 all those years ago, when asked why they have gone to "install only", the owner said something similar. Not enough money in it. He said usually customers will spend an hour talking and debating about what they want, then his own workers will debate for another hour how to best to do it, and before you know it its 2 hours of talking and no work has started, and its time you can't charge the customer

Having said that, he mentioned that there has been so many enquiries recently, they are thinking of starting up custom jobs again.

The little job I gave to some random on FB market place has turned out pretty darn good. THe kid has done a very good job, albeit simple, was just to make a link (H) pipe. Clean cuts and the weld seems good. Said he does it as a hobby, and uses his mate's workshop. There are more and more of these guys advertising now.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote