View Single Post
Old 29-06-2023, 05:17 PM   #4
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Amarok vs Ranger vs Hilux

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...arison-141291/

Amarok has landed and many comparisons with its rivals have started to appear.

In the above review it really highlights how dated the hilux now is, or should I say, how far forward ford have moved the goal posts.

Hilux gets savaged. The fact that it sells so well is just a reminder that a lot of people don't really care about the bells and whistles, however the ford and vw have made a fair step up in the drive line department so surely that will start to sink in after a while. No new hilux is due for a while yet. Possibly as far off as 2025 according to the journo.
Having said that, it does the job, and i guess that's enough for many.

To the vw, to me they seem to have made changes just for the sake of it. Small things like cup holder position etc. The software they've used (user interface) is seemingly more complex as well. I guess they didn't want it looking like a ford inside.

I don't mind the looks of the Amarok. I like the Ranger too but the vw being slightly less boxy looking is a good move.

I think VW are a bit cocky with the pricing too. Dearer than the Ranger its based on. I assume they are chasing those buyers who want the badge?

Be interesting to see how it sells. They offer a few variations so if they can get supply they might go ok.
Not sure but sense that Amorok will probably sell at about 1/3 of Ranger sales as there
are buyers who see the differences to Ranger as being a big plus and worth more, god bless them.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote