View Single Post
Old 05-08-2023, 11:08 AM   #28
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: VFACTS July 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
The metrics you mentioned only matter on forums. In the real world it's about ease of use.

My daughter has an SA Focus. We have ZH Escape. They aren't much higher off the ground but it makes a lot of difference getting in and out.

My folks traded their falcon on a Tucson. They'll never go back to a non suv.

Being slightly higher off the ground is what the market wanted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Ah Franco -you have never driven a Puma.
Wife had a 2012 1.6 na Fiesta.
I ve now got a 1.0 turbo 3 Puma.

Fuel consumption is better on Puma.
handling equal.
braking equal
Seat 100 points more better
Tech 200 points better-acc blind spot assist rev camera

You are wrong in this instance.

However if your comparison is a Fiesta ST it is a draw -you would want acceleration as no 1 -I want economy comfort and easy entry exit higher car.
I don't ever intend on driving one either, I don't need to drive a Puma to know that its going to drive worse than the Fiesta its based on,

You're comparing apples and oranges between the NA Fiesta and the boosted Puma, one uses ye olde Ford Sigma engine with VVTI and the other is a modern turbo 1L 3 cylinder engine - compare it with a WZ Fiesta Sport which has the same engine as the Puma.

We've got both a WZ ST Fiesta and a povvo spec 1.6L WS CL Fiesta - the WZ ST Fiesta uses less fuel than the naturally aspirated variant while making twice the power and torque, both 1.6L 4 cylinder engines but one dates back to the 1990s.

I took said WZ Fiesta ST on a 4000km drive across VIC/NSW/QLD and ACT, and I've used it for Adelaide and return six times, I wouldn't say its 'uncomfortable' or 'difficult' to get in and out of but I suspect my tolerance is higher.

We've got the least amount of choice ever in the new car market we've ever seen, you want something thats not an SUV or a Thailand Special then good luck.

Two options under $60K for someone who wants something thats manual and boosted:

Hyundai i30N
Subaru WRX

I think the problem is I actually enjoy driving, the people who buy SUVs use them to get from A-B and thats why a white goods manufacturer like Toyota dominates the market.

Trying to change my opinion about SUVs and Thailand Specials, you'd have more luck convincing a brick wall

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 05-08-2023 at 11:14 AM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote