View Single Post
Old 24-09-2023, 02:20 PM   #144
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: How Many Times Have You Been Caught Speeding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICKFORD220 View Post
When i do get caught speeding i dont be a smartarse to the coppers and take it like a champ,almost every time they reduce the fine cost and drop the recorded speed down,most cops are reasonable if you dont be a clown.
You got caught speeding,theres no excuse.
I tried to pass the attitude test,

He was at my window, and asked - 'how fast do you think you were going'

and I responded 'About 160km/h'.

And he started yelling and then said I got you at 161 and 135, I can book you for either, so I'm going to book you for the 161.

Then because I made an admission, it removed an avenue from my lawyer to negotiate with the prosecutor - that was a massive own goal. It was my first ever offence to with a mint driving history (mint on paper anyway )

I would have been way better off telling him to get ****ed.

Luckily, the prosecution team on the day agreed to drop the dangerous driving charge because my lawyer mentioned that I was going to plead guilty if they agreed to drop it.

If they didn't I was going to plead not guilty and then take up the fight with them in court, then they would have had to prove even though I was driving well over the limit, I wasn't necessarily driving 'dangerously'.

I think you need to pick your battles with where you make your admissions, the low level stuff, sure it doesn't hurt to play the attitude test game, but on the big ones you reduce your legal options when the court summons come in.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 24-09-2023 at 02:45 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: