View Single Post
Old 27-12-2023, 07:08 PM   #165
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Image Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post

Falcon utes hold their value on the second hand market, as far as a used workhorse goes it's a hard proposition to beat compared to the equivalent Thailand Specials.
I was on the brink of buying a XR6 Turbo Ute in early 2020.

I have owned or driven just about every engine in the Falcon lineup going back to the late 1980's. So, OHV I6, SOHC I6, SOHC VCT I6, Barra I6, 5.0 Windsor, 5.4 Boss, 5.0 Miami. The ones missing from the list being any LPG EGAS/ECOLPi engine, the 3V V8, the 2.0 EcoBoost (although I have driven it in Jags and Mondeo), and the Barra Turbo.

Having not owned, let alone driven a Barra Turbo, it's the missing link in my Falcon history. And while I have driven a few Utes, I have not owned one. So, an XR6 Turbo Ute would have ticked those two boxes, preferably in FG MK II spec as it would then be different from my FG and FGX.

I almost jumped on mint 20,000 km FGX in Aero Blue back in early 2020. It had leather trim and the auto box. It was actually priced insanely well too, as in under $40,000. Then..................my dog went missing, not returning until he had been skittled and needed urgent surgery. Then Covid hit and prices went nuts.

I feel like I missed the boat, most on the market are high km's and/or highly modified. I want a stock as a rock example that is NOT white or black, automatic and leather. No giant intakes, battery swaps or bazooka exhaust tips, just plain and boring for me.

If anyone with a Barra Turbo of any kind wants a free detail in exchange for a drive of their car, you know where to contact me. I need to pop my Barra Turbo cherry!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: