View Single Post
Old 17-01-2024, 08:15 PM   #5528
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
The only problem to buying stuff online here in old wait awhile is that it will take 3 weeks or more to turn up, plus sometimes I am undecided to which one I like and pictures do nothing to solve it, so the shop and touch and feel is the best way.
Trust me, I get that. Once you move out of the larger capital cities, the delivery time frames blow out considerably. Put it this way, I've had stuff delivered to me in rural Victoria from the USA quicker than Australia Post can do it.

I'm probably using your microwave situation wrongly, because for the most part, I would be buying that in a bricks and mortar store as well.

For me, the biggest change in my buying habits and methods changed with Covid. I actually liked going into to stores, the thrill of the chase finding that particular thing I would be looking for. I even liked grocery shopping! But once it became a health hazard (diabetic/autoimmune compromised), then not possible (multiple lockdowns), my buying habits changed and have not gone back as the things eased.

At my fingertips, I have thousands of stores to shop from, be that in Australia or all over the world. No one in town stocks my preferred detailing supplies. I just bought a new audio system, again, no one bothers to stock the premium stuff I was looking for.

I also order my groceries instead of enduring the visit to the supermarket, spending an hour walking the isles, standing in line with screaming children, cranky old people who pay their bill in $2.00 coins, the usual druggies loitering at the entrance.................its far more convenient for me to just sit in the comfort of my home and click, click, click.

Now, I should point out that while I have said all that, I actually work in a bricks and mortar retail environment. What's been drummed into me over the years is the customer is who pays your wage, and as such, we need to make their shopping experience the best it can be. Naturally, you wont please everyone, but the key is to make things relaxing and simple. We even bring your purchase to your car and load it up for you............does Bunning's do that?

Now, compare that to the Good Guys (and Harvey Norman if I'm being fair), where a simple purchase turns into a 3-stage process is not good enough. And did the Good Guys bring the product to your car rather than make you drive out back, ring the doorbell, stand like a lune for 15 minutes, then have the box dumped at your feet and told good luck. And yes, that happened to me a few times.

Again, as a bricks and mortar retailer, you just can't do that these days. You have to provide customers with a reason to stay in their business, not be driven to an online competitor by poor customer experience.

And I say all of that as someone who hates dealing with customers. But I know that in the same situation, I would want to be looked after, so I try to do the same despite not entirely enjoying it. As I said, the customer is paying my way.

Anyway, just some observations as a customer and a customer service provider.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: