View Single Post
Old 08-02-2024, 05:39 PM   #37
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Puma Axed except for EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
I was selling Ford when Ford moved from Laser to Focus.

The Laser was a good little nippy car that had plenty of relevant features that buyers wanted. The Focus, while a more refined car, was a slug of a thing that was sparsely optioned particularly in base model. Air conditioning was not even standard.

A big problem with them was that the indicator stalk was on the left. You would be surprised how many people took that into consideration when looking at the Focus.

Ford wanted to go upmarket with their small car range. The problem was that people buying these sized cars back in the early 00's were budget conscious and the price went from $19,990 to a tad over $25,000 overnight.
Laser also got a lot of advertising and TV time as well. I remember when a lot younger I'd see the ads everywhere.

Had 2 Lasers in the family over the years ... gold old KB and then later a KF
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote