View Single Post
Old 26-02-2024, 03:48 PM   #2595
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
A smart for two driver decided to turn right across ( I was two back in the adjacent lane). This is in Nerang GC.
two lanes of traffic to his left today. There was a gap in the first lane so he turned right didnt check the next lane was clear and drove into the side of a proceeding traffic control hilux.

The smart for two literally fell to bits from windscreen forward.
A rather irritated looking traffic controller got out of the hilux as I turned round the carnage.

Most peoples misconception with these smart cars is that you will get killed if you are in a shopping centre car park crash, if you watch the 100mph vid of one hitting a barrier that 5th gear did, you will see that they can take a decent knock, majority of cars at that speed will cause the occupant injury though.

To disinegrate from the windscreen forward is what they are designed to do, the front from the windscreen forwards is all plastic, if you saw one with the front off, you can see where the actual strength is.

We see all sorts of cars come through work that look like they have disintegrated, but that's the way they are designed now, you can see the manufacturers have figured out the more that breaks the better the parts bill is, not uncommon to have parts bills in the $30,000+ mark these days.

I had a i30 hit my 2nd fortwo in the rh door pillar, he needed towing I drove home, I think you would find that if any new car drove into the side of a moving vehicle there would be plastic flying everywhere.

Im up to my 6 th Smart ForTwo, great little cars, I always get asked if im worried about being hit by a truck, im no more afraid of being hit by a truck in it any more than i would being hit by a truck in the wifes Mercedes or any car for that matter.

Vid of the one being destroyed on fith gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnI-LiKCtuE
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: