Thread: Crypto $$$
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2024, 11:52 PM   #1089
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Crypto $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
I'm in it for the long haul now. Took a sum out many years ago and then reinvested a little chunk at that time, it has done very well but I treat it is nothing.

Wifes Uncle just sold the last of his that he bought for $1 in 2011. They sold most of their 2500 BTC when it hit $18000 I think in 2017. They are all cashed out now with this latest rise and have an epic property and house right on the beach. Bit of a success story, middle income family that got to retire early.
I could cry, I remember when a bitcoin was worth cents and I used to laugh about it, thinking who would be stupid enough to buy a fake imaginary currency.

I could have retired 10 years ago if I had just put $100 into it.

It's only my son that convinced me to put a few $$ into Crypto, I started putting $50 a week during covid just to keep him quiet. Mind you he just cashed out $14,000 for a $500 investment he did on one coin with money he earned working after school at our local take away shop and he's only 18 and been investing into crypto since he turned 16.

I have done very well, many of my alt coins are now 'free' as I have cashed out all my investment and just kept the free coins. Many are up well over 1000% now. In the last few weeks been making more money in a day than what most earn in a fortnight working.

Everyone's saying that it's early days.

These days the first thing I do in the morning is check all investments adjusting stop losses and buying and selling as I see fit while I have my coffee before heading to work

I have a figure in mind when I will cash out and walk away. If I reach that I will take a nice overseas holiday and put about half aside to buy the ruins after it crashes.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 09-03-2024 at 12:02 AM.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: