View Single Post
Old 19-03-2024, 07:32 PM   #5691
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Dodgy Booking.com listers.

Booked a holiday house called Bonney Shores in Barmera for the Easter long weekend through Booking.com on Saturday evening just past, property was listed as new to the site.
Requested a special check-in time through the site which was confirmed by the owner at 8.01am yesterday.
Today I receive an email from the owner requesting I cancel my booking as they'd also listed it on airbnb and somehow double booked it.
I replied asking why they dont make the other party cancel, they said the other party booked first.
I said then why did you confirm my check-in request 2 days later if you had another booking.
They said they hadnt realised at that stage.
I said thats not my problem we have a confirmed agreement and for all I know you may be preferancing the other booking now as its more lucrative.
I've since lodged a complaint with Booking.com as I've booked and paid for accommodation for other family elsewhere that cant be cancelled without attracting a fee and I dont see why I should have to.

Anyone encounter this before?

First for me having used Booking.com for years.
Right, i have heard of this happening from front desk staff at hotels. What happens is, and they stress out about this, is bookings from 3rd party sites (so not direct) have a bit of a delay before getting to the hotel. So direct bookings through their system or whatever get processed right away and the 3rd party ones come in which is fine if the place isnt booked out, but its 1st come 1st served.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: