View Single Post
Old 06-05-2024, 01:43 AM   #59
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFACTS April 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
The argument for diesel has always been the torque, but modern turbo engines do that too. As for the 2.2 I have, that torque is only available at 1800 revs and nowhere else, it's got nothing up to that point, nothing after it. So its sh.t to drive, noisy when you need to rev it out and painfully slow everywhere, downright dangerous in some situations. The engine in that vehicle lets the whole show down, I'm otherwise very happy with the thing.

Apparently the above is what customers want.
I don’t think they’ve ever had more torque, that’s just a commonly parroted myth from decades gone by due to the ultra short gearing of diesel powered LV.
A good comparison might be a TD42 and 1HZ against an E series SOHC.
Even in turbo form those diesels are average in torque. 24v 1hdt and FTE with intercooler are ok.
Put that gearing behind a Falcon 4.0 and there will be no traction in the first three gears in the dry.

Diesel only got good around turn of the century Mercedes 3.2 and BMW 3.0 160kw and 500nm which shat on the alternative 6 and 8 cylinder petrol engines in economy and real world performance and only using EGR for emissions control.

Franco, why not a Falcon Ute?
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: