View Single Post
Old 07-05-2024, 06:21 AM   #6198
onemanempire
One Man

Thumbs up Re: What made you feel good today?

Reminiscing about the days I used to hire brand new NC 5 Litre Fairlane Ghias on a Sunday night (as they were cheaper on Sunday). Some good times were had back then.

if the link above doesn't work.. watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO7wDFGQB6w

It was like taking your lounge chair for a thrash.
Great fun in the hills, zero body roll.
Great fun on the beach at midnight low tide doing 100 kay an hour full lock drifts holding it wide in 2nd gear.

The power economy switch was an excellent feature. When in economy mode it would upshift at 95% throttle, instead of manually shifting. The transmission calibration was amazing also, if you selected 1st gear at 80 kays an hour with zero percent throttle, it was so smooth to downshift, if you had an open can of drink on the console arm rest, it would not spill or fall.
It would ever so gently engage 1st until it was fully locked into first cog, with the tacho all the while slowly climbing to 5700rpm.
The 8 speaker sound system with 6 stack cd in the boot was awesome, for the time, and all being factory fitted. . .
I used to try and make the cd skip while driving it on rough roads, even got it airborne over a railway crossing once, and nope, it never missed a beat.

Let the good times roll...

Last edited by onemanempire; 07-05-2024 at 06:28 AM.
onemanempire is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: