View Single Post
Old 18-06-2006, 10:48 AM   #363
parawolf
beep beep

My last post over a month ago indicated that I was 81kg. Over the past month not a lot has changed. I'm still ~81kg (up to 82, down to 81.5...). So hit a bit of a brick wall with my level of exercise. But i'm still happy with my results. I've started my partner on cycling (she hasn't touched a bike for almost 15 years).

As a reward for myself for cycling every day to work for nearly the past entire year, i've picked up an absolute deal of a new bike (well deal for some - some people might ask why i'd bother). So yesterday I put a $500 deposit on a pure carbon framed Scott CR1 Pro. It's ~$4000 RRP. I've got some events coming up, one being the 210km Around the Bay in a Day in October which will be about 8 hours. And then 2007 Audax Alpine Classic is about 200km of cycling in the Victorian highlands.

ATB is an event of endurance of the butt, but the Alpine Classic is a real complete physical endurance event. So i'm going to aim to nail another 4kg off my body for about 2 weeks before the event, and then eat pasta for a week before with minimal cycling.

Hmmm this is becoming borderline obsession