View Single Post
Old 28-09-2006, 07:20 PM   #62
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
OK, cold air intakes it is... not V8's, not superchargers, not calling people what want to mod AU I6's "crazy clark" specials... hang on, I didn't do that.

Value for money I think the G&D intake I have on my car is worth every cent I PAID FOR IT for the performance increase it gives ME. I think anything less is wasted money.. simple as that. The G&D intake is superior. Not by huge amounts as anything on these cars are measured in small gains.. but enough to make it something that is BETTER than the standard airbox.
You can argue all you like.. but it wont change my mind that I think its value for money for what I want to achieve. Of course I will never convince you of that because you don't want to achieve the same thing I do. That's fine with me.. but don't try and tell me that its wasted money because YOU think it is. (hence the bodykit analogy.. just because I see it as something I wouldn't buy for a stock car, I have no right to tell you its wasted money as it fulfils something YOU want to achieve).
so 5 kws is a big increase nowadays..

Damn i must be well behind the times.