View Single Post
Old 21-03-2005, 04:50 PM   #17
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
Yep, very common. Caused by vibration of the alternator. I fitted an rubber mount for the alternator at this bracket so the vibrations weren't transferred to the water pump bolt. Has been good now for the last 15 years or so ...

EDIT - Ooops, just went to take a pic for you BUT found that I have since done another mod to it that I had forgotton about. Please excuse my memory - it WAS a long time ago. Anyhow what I subsequently have done is make another bracket, curved, and mounted the engine end to the hole in the water pump casting which is below the water pump bolt.
Ahh, good idea! The locktite is holding for now, it leaks a little water still, but only about 200ml per hour of the engine running, so it'll do until I can get it fixed properly. In the mean time, I can just keep topping up the radiator before I start it up. But when I do fix it properly with the helicoil kit, I'll also modify it so the vibrations shouldn't cause any more issues.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote