View Single Post
Old 27-01-2020, 01:08 PM   #2
RadioactiveX
Diesel Motor

Default Re: 2020 Ford Focus ST - Ordering

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGARMON View Post
Last year I put a deposit down on a 2020 Ford Focus ST in Ford Performance Blue.

Since then, I've had communication from Ford with their automated ordering emails that the car has been built and is ready to be shipped. This was on the 11/12. I contacted the dealer who said it would arrive Late Feb, this was then pushed back to early March, now they are saying Early April but that date is not confirmed.

I've done a bit of research online to see if there is a way I can track the process of the car myself and when it will be shipped etc but have come back empty handed.

So I thought I would see if there is anyone out there who might be able to put me in the right direction or even provide a bit more information than what the dealer is. I have the order code along with the VIN number.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help

Cougarmon.
Hi and welcome to the forum, COUGARMON!

It is possible that the car was already shipped. However, there was a news about cargo ships being infected by malicious stink bugs. These insects are a threat to bio-security of any country. Thorough inspection is imminent, and if the cargo ship where your car is infected, they have to be diverted back to a designated country to be decontaminated, process which takes a few weeks before it gets cleared off to continue sailing to Australia.

Its best to get in touch with Ford for any news about your order as they are the only ones that have control over the shipment. Dealers only get in touch with whatever Ford communicates to them.

Anyways, infestations of stink bugs are not the only problem might have caused with the delay, but is common in the past few years which usually happens between November to March.
RadioactiveX is offline   Reply With Quote