View Single Post
Old 14-11-2020, 11:34 PM   #413
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Mate I hear you, my old Dad died of cancer from smoking.
But the reason ciggys cost/tax so much is deter people, especially young ones from taking it up. If the price is too high they hopefully won't buy them.
Then all the other illicit stuff is so cheap anyway.
But it's the knock on health issues related to smoking and the cost to the health budget, using tax dollars to help people.
My son is a nurse in a hospital where he see's the same patients in for smoking illnesses and then go down stairs for a quick one.
It's just a curse and I feel sorry for those addicted to to them.
I'm with Mick with his comments with the high tax on cigarettes by the government as they are deliberately ripping you off knowing most smokers do not give up smoking just the same way they hit you hard on alcohol.
I thought advertising bans, cigarettes plain packaging with warnings and packets locked away out of public view was the legitimate deterrence.

Anyhow it has been 25 years since I went cold turkey and gave away smoking after having the habit for 24 years, I was a heavy smoker at the end and the thought of dying from lung disease such as emphysema would be dreadful as I have seen a few close friends die from this gasping for their last breath, bloody horrible way to die!
These days I exercise regularly and feel fit for my age.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: