Thread: Known issues
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2019, 03:23 AM   #3
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Known issues

Can I suggest that asking a Forum of mostly Ford enthusiast this question is not going to get you totally objective unbiased advice. As hard as we try, we are going to be somewhat biased towards Fords and further, if we own the car in question, are unlikely to want to even subconsciously acknowledge that perhaps it wasn't the best choice by describing it faults. I love my Falcon for example but I accept the majority (but not all) of Toyotas and Hondas are more reliable.

Pay the $10 and get a brutally objective and comprehensive review on it and two other vehicles you might consider (or your existing vehicle to check the review against your own experience) from the Dog & Lemon Guide at https://dogandlemon.com/ Read the free sample review of the Landrover Freelander on the Dog & Lemon home page to see how brutally honest they are. At worse you will get a good list of what often goes wrong so you can look out for those fault when shopping around and also find what engine transmission combinations are the most reliable. It will also give you advice on comparable vehicles you should consider. Dog & Lemon is produced by an NZ company but they collect data from owners and workshops in NZ, Australia and the UK. It's $10 well spent and it what I recommend to anyone buying new or used car. I have always found their reviews spot on. Don't watch their crazy video as it unfairly put you off; the guy knows his cars but he is not good TV material.