Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 12:51 PM   #1305
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC View Post
Not really a problem at all if you look behind the scenes, teachers are coordinating the where some are allocated to in-class others online as a focus and both sets of teachers helping each other so it can and will be done in an organised way.

? Um I do not claim to be highly educated nor does anyone in our family believe we are better than the next person. My / Our thinking is we respect and are nice to all people regardless.

As far as English speaking? why are we playing that card? we are in an English speaking country where we should all speak English or learn to speak English.

Lastly? Smart or lucky again we claim to be no smarter than anyone else and last time I looked in the mirror nobody in our family relied on the fortitudes of luck.

We simple double down and work hard for everything as many do without the need to put others down in the process and or complain or use the "woe is me type attitude"

In these difficult times, people can choose to moan about their lot in life or they they can choose to change the future by focusing on the positives and doubling down during these times and by that come out the other side stronger.

I will add if people need help with speaking English that there are plenty of people who will help. If People need some positive direction and or clarity, there are also plenty of people who will help. People just need to seek out and ask.
I don't think you see the point of what I was getting at.

You mentioned your daughter is a teacher and you have an ability to make websites. Both jobs that require training and skill. This places you at an advantage.

Yes, we are an English speaking country - but not every student speaks English. Those that are used to more direct learning will nit have the ability to just sit in front of a terminal and teach themselves for the majority of the time.

You are lucky in the sense that you have free time to donate your services etc.

I'm not having a dig at you and my only concern is for the students that will essentially possibly lose a whole term of education because they don't have the same abilities and support network as others to self teach.

I'm just putting the point of view of the lowest common denominator in each class.

There is still debate about if students should or should not return to school next term?

Some schools have started their holidays a week early, others are open running classes with only a handful of students on the entire school.

This fragmented advice is not helping anyone.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
2 users like this post: