View Single Post
Old 21-12-2019, 10:21 PM   #232
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Sadly, the broken unit's USB software is getting the bad flash-chip data problem with loading dlls. So even though the hardware is working, it won't mount a USB stick.

My working unit however is fine, it mounts sticks as readonly though - so you need to "mount -uw /fs/usb0" (had problems with this at first, said it couldn't do it because it may be read only - yeah, that's what I'm trying to fix!) or "mount -uw /dev/hd0" (maybe doing this one helped with that problem? Dunno, I just run both now - same device)...

Got about 8255 files which come to 101MB off my working screen, found these 2 files (largest pictures when I did a search):

I need to remember to "mount -ur ..." to put it back as read only before I pull out the stick, but the "shutdown" command also works - nice, shuts down the unix os at which point it reboots (where I can pull out the stick before it is re-scanned).

I guess I really need to pull apart my spare GPS screen and dump it - see what extras it has.

I was also able to write to files on the screen (I attempted to change the usb_mode.conf file to say "RW" instead of "RO" - which I could do easily enough - but it still didn't mount the stick as read/write even after a reboot).

Gosh it's been smokey here in Canberra.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: