View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 10:01 AM   #10
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Selling items and getting them to sell

there's probably THOUSANDS if not Millions of Sellers/flippers video channels on youtube on HOW to make money selling on ebay

this is one channel i follow, He recently hired this young lady to help in his own ebay business because he's turning over heaps of stuff, but has started a playlist about 5 weeks ago so one week left for this series most likely. WE STARTED AN EBAY STORE FROM SCRATCH

now, there's apps he's covered in the previous issues to check items that have sold before, and for what price.
but he's often quoting best prices where you might not get that high price again, due to only one person wanted it, condition, economy (many people struggling to make ends meet lately won't be spending as often)

most of the ebay tips in the series could easily transfer to facebook marketplace, or gumtree for pick up items.
just remember that ebay is expensive to sell on, i reckon by the time you include going to post office with fuel etc ebay is probably 20% sales fee, where facebook is free if you can get the same buyer.
why not do pick up or local delivery? probably isn't many local buyers where you are anyway though.

this guy's items he focusses on are not what i am interested in. (baseball caps he knows the value of, running shoes and footy boots, DVDs and games and toys mainly)
i don't know the brands or values of them. you need to be an expert in whatever you are selling. and be able to sell them for decent profit to make it worthwhile.
a lot of stuff i've been selling i'm just trying to get rid of things i no longer need that may have got thrown out in the past and often is thrown out (most people don't have time to list things and deal with the post/pick up) at the right price any junk would probably sell.

Xbox/PS1 etc games can be something that can be picked up cheap, don't take up much space and sell for quite a bit though if the right one (condition and title if it's sought after)

I've bought some tools lately for cheap and free off Marketplace (DeWalt 18v drill with chuck buggered, another with trigger switch issue and 1/4" rattle gun with issues in it's bit holder. and noisy 240v power drill $40 the lot) i swapped the chuck on the drills so that drill is already worth more than the $40 i paid, i sold the 1/4" rattle gun to a mate for $20 after unsticking the bit holder (they use these tools industrially and it was full of dust/glue gunk)
drills etc are fairly small for posting, i had to order a Makita to DeWalt battery adapter to test them though as i only have Makita batteries. also got an adapter for Ryobi one +
cash converters online are often cheap to buy things when they have sales, I haven't tried flipping anything yet from them because i've got enough crap to get rid of from my own stash.

basically, you need to be selling stuff that people want to buy. what is that?
that's what you need to find out. then work out if you can find it cheap enough to sell for profit without taking up much space at home.

in the series below, the young lady has limited space, and she's been advised to list 3 items per day on her ebay store forever. 3 items a day = 21 items a week which is 1,092 items a year. obviously having lots of stuff listed has a higher chance of a sale than 10items on there and waiting. I've now started to take note of which storage tub i have the item so i can find it, and worked out if it's going in a box or a prepaid satchel before it sells.
if you ask 100 people for a list of 10 items they would buy on ebay or what they think would sell i bet you'd get almost none of the same answers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRCH...DHRC9PJTfevjed
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: