View Single Post
Old 21-09-2023, 04:55 PM   #48
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Ranger Evolves 19.9.2023

In the USA, the 2024 Tacoma has a 2.4 turbo hybrid across the range
Power and torque appear to be similar to a 3.0 V6 diesel.

I wonder if that 2.4 i-Force Max hybrid power plant will make its way into Hilux….

Quote:

https://www.torquenews.com/1/2024-to...e%20off%2Droad.

The 2024 Toyota Tacoma is a complete ground-up redesign that marks the beginning of the fourth generation of the Tacoma model. The new truck is more powerful, more efficient, and more capable than ever before.

One of the most significant changes to the 2024 Tacoma is the introduction of a hybrid powertrain option. The i-FORCE MAX hybrid powertrain combines a 2.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with an electric motor to produce 326 horsepower and 465 lb-ft of torque. This makes the Tacoma Hybrid the most powerful Tacoma ever offered.

In addition to its impressive power, the Tacoma Hybrid is also very efficient. The EPA estimates that the Tacoma Hybrid will get up to 24 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. This makes it one of the most fuel-efficient mid-size trucks on the market.

The Tacoma Hybrid is also very capable off-road. It comes standard with Toyota's Multi-Terrain Select system, which allows drivers to choose the optimal settings for different terrain conditions. The Tacoma Hybrid also has a higher ground clearance than the non-hybrid Tacoma, making it easier to tackle obstacles.

More at the link…….
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: