View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #20
MonsterFG T6
Banned

Default Re: SHOCKWORKS......simply the BEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockworks View Post
Hi Monster FG,

The full coilover kit for the FG is $2000. It comes complete with new top mounts, dampers, springs and adjustable rear spring perch.
For the GTR-Spec we retuned the standard Sachs dampers, revised the spring rates, bushes at the top mounts, and did a whole bunch of laps to refine the handling of the new model. There are always some restrictions as to what we could do, due to Ford rules, but I think the package turned out pretty good considering we could not change too much and made some real improvements to lap times around Winton.
We had made improvements to handling before but got pinged by Ford management for ride quality and too much road texture. To this day, I still very much miss driving the GT on a daily basis and improveing the cars driving experience. They were a fantastic team at Prodrive and wasn't really like going to work at all. A great bunch of guys dedicated to making the Ford the best we could with the budget on hand!! I was very lucky to be invited to join the team.

Cheers
Tnx for the info, when Im ready I will be getting in touch and if it wasnt for rspec I probably wouldnt find out about you guys. Friend of mine got an rspec and it handles so much better than his GT. Tnx again.
MonsterFG T6 is offline   Reply With Quote