View Single Post
Old 19-09-2023, 07:44 PM   #57
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I'm A Car Enthusiast That is Starting to Hate Cars. Here's Why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
I tinker and also do all those other things, works for me

In regards to the thread, i've become way less OCD about my daily cars and treat them as such. I do often think, "what's the point" about having my weekend cars when I don't get to enjoy them that much due to being so time poor and balancing work with family time. Then I stress about them, every time I drive them. I've definitely changed a bit in that regard.

It wouldn't surprise me if I sold all my weekend cars one day and just bought one car to enjoy and that's it. I've even been thinking about selling my daily AU and getting a 4x4 again as a daily, purely to allow more adventures in my car.

Before I was married I always had a built 4x4 for epic adventures and a manual V8 for the daily. Maybe I should just think about using one of my nice V8 manuals as a daily and treat it for the amount it owes me, rather than what it is actually worth.
My son did this during covid and got the Landrover V8, and it's been so much fun for him doing this and being with his mates who are into the same thing. The car is absolutely loved by the mates for V8 note reasons and it's ability to keep up with 79 series and modded dual cabs when the going gets mad, and it's loved in the family as it has so much character and is so versatile. So you can have both

It's also a classic by 2023 as well!