View Single Post
Old 21-12-2020, 10:34 PM   #1196
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Deeeeep breath!

I'm struggling. It's the same every year in the lead up to Christmas. I hate the build up, I hate the pressure for Christmas to be perfect, I hate the fuss, I hate Christmas! When people wish me a happy Christmas I recoil. Like many, there has been far to much crap going on for there be a reason to happy. I have people in my life that are sucking the life out of me, using me as a scapegoat, taking advantage of my nature.

All I wan't to do is hide. And when I'm not hiding, I find myself getting more and more angry at everything and everybody.

Sorry for the sob story. My posts on FF are usually of the positive kind, so it has taken a bit of courage for me to type this and put into the open.
Mate you are not alone. Lots of people get anxious around this time of the year for the reasons you mentioned. Me, I hate large family gatherings when you feel like you have to make small talk with people you have very little in common with. I spend more time playing with family friend's kids than I do talking to the adults But I do enjoy the **** ups with friends, where there is no expectations of any kind....like presents.

Not sure if you are a believer or not, but try understand or remember the true meaning of Christmas. Its not about being perfect, having high expectations or splashing out on people.

Chin up. Enjoy some seafood, get your hands on some cheap lobsters if you can. Or grab yourself a nice turkey leg. Or just sit back and enjoy some of the retro Christmas movies, my all time favourite is A Christmas Story (1983). All of this can be done away from other people.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085334/
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: