View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 04:10 AM   #48
kpcart
Banned

Hi. I just bought a 99 AU falcon station wagon in sparkling burgundy colour, on gas/ petrol, with 15inch csa rims and cat back sports exhaust. $3000.
Now, when i bought it the gas was running rough, well turns out the mixer was cracked, and the piping had been bypassed on it, and i guess it was just fiddled around for quick sale.
so ive paid another $1350 to a mechanic and had the gas tank tested, new mixer installed and gas serviced (so basically a new system).

I find this car much nicer to driver then my old ED.
its done 350,000km, but the engine runs like its only done 100,000km. Gearbox is silky smooth, as is steeing.

3 problems i have found, the suspension is worse then when i test drove it, over irregular roads, it thumps a bit at the front.
The aircon was working when i bought it, ableit not too cold, yet after a week, the fan switch stopped working, i cant turn the bloody fan on!
3rd problem, is the left hand passenger door doesnt lock! its annoying the car only has central locking, and the central locking only closes 3 doors!

Otherwise im quite happy with the car, its so much smoother then my old ED, and even EFs/ELs i have driven, and the paint on mine is beautiful, car must have been garaged since new, and goes wonderful with the mags.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote