View Single Post
Old 11-01-2024, 01:37 AM   #4
goz007
Diesel Sniffer

Default Re: time to get new mondeo

No it's on the front of the engine on the LHS (if u are standing in front of the car looking at the engine) very simple job probably take u all of 10mins. The diesel seems to be a very nice little engine & is fairly easy to service(I've only just got mine had it a few weeks now & very happy with it) although mine has the H.P fuel pump oil leak(HP pump mount gasket)mine also needs the fuel line replaced from the filter head to the HP pump as some numptie has broken the lock on the connector the line to the filter head (the connector has a little plastic tang on it that needs to be lifted to release its lock on the filter head) use a little flat blade screw driver or a seal pick ,it doesn't require much effort to release it-if u don't u will brake it & then u will need a new fuel line(the connector & its parts aren't sold separately & u can only buy a complete line) although I'm looking for second hand parts as I believe I may be able to repair it but good luck trying to find them, so I'll probably have to replace the complete line.
goz007 is offline   Reply With Quote