View Single Post
Old 23-04-2023, 10:52 AM   #20
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Default Re: VE Commodore Front Structure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Argh. Is it a “9.5” update, not a true S2, then?
I'm thinking so.
Quote:
Horns are in the outer corners of the radiator support below headlights.
Take a lookin the drivers side rear corner of the engine bay beside the brake master cylinder reservoir, IIRC its the horn for the cars security system.
Quote:
It’s going to be fun assembling enough pieces of a headlight shell to read a part number. Ballasts are not on top of the aluminium reinforcement either, if that makes a difference.
The part number should be on the upper horizontal surface of the headlight on the black plastic part, in the pics you've put up they look like they'll be hidden under the plastic of the front end "module".
Ballasts? what ballasts? The headlights on SWB Commodore variants are all standard halogen bulbs, regardless if projector type or not, IIRC H7 and H9.
The only time the VE range got HID headlights was in the statesman/Caprice range, easily identified by a black trapezoidal panel midway along the bottom edge of the headlight lens where the headlight washer unit was mounted.
Quote:
One win from all this, is I’ll now be the shop expert on washer reservoirs. They seem to have the flexible filler tube loose from reservoir on every second car that comes in.
That filler hose, on VE's, had a reputation for splitting.... used to keep 3-5 on the shelf at all times.
Quote:
They hope to one day work with disabled animals in a neurodiverse safe shelter, but for now are hustling as a travel influencer.
And again in english?