View Single Post
Old 27-08-2017, 12:18 PM   #40
Mondaveo

Default Re: Powershift transmission fluid change DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
This is a bit weird but I have a Focus as you all know but it uses the same trans as the diesel Mondeo and Ford extended the warranty on wet-clutch transmissions to 7 years.

Personally haven't had the same issues to the extent of the dry clutch petrol Focuses but makes me wonder if Ford has found something that we don't know about? or did they just make it wet-clutch extended warranty as well so that for the ones that do get issues they don't have to explain to people wet vs dry or that there should be no issues.
!! That's very interesting. Is this a new initiative? How did you find out your diesel Focus has a 7-year transmission warranty? Are they sending out letters to owners?

It's probably as you say, they've just extended it to cover all Focus models for expediency, but then in the past they've been very adamant about what models are and aren't included, so that seems like a reversal of position.

I'd be very interested to read the detail of this warranty, if it mentions the 6DCT450 transmission directly I'd definitely argue it should apply to Mondeo as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote