View Single Post
Old 22-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #725
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
Mate as someone who was bullied up until year 8 the way you went about it is not the good way. The best thing that hapenned to me was when Mum stopped taking Dads advice of me standing up for myself and marched me up to the school and made me see the principle. I had the moral courage to dob the 3 offenders in and I was never bullied again. It's easily the best thing my Mum EVER did for me in my life. After that my grades went up and I had a strong friendship group all the way through high school.

Oh and for the record, i did take Dads advice and stood up for myself, I copped some of the biggest beatdowns ever, kids don't fight singularly, if ones copping a flogging their mates jump in and help, it never ended well for me.

It's funny I am a totally different person now than I was then. I find myself diffusing any situation that comes up with violence simply because it's just not worth it. I don't want to go home thinking about something I did for the next two weeks, I want to go home and forget about the situation. Diffusing violent situations always means i go home happy. Beside work I have only been in two fights since i left high school, and both of those were from a man beating a women, which i don't stand for.
Luckily for me my disorder's emotional irregularities at times allowed me to shrug off intense physical pain (but over dramatise poisonous verbal lashings) and with that... are now numb to getting beat up or hurt (that's the result of .being bullied and bashed upto 19-20yo too) .I am apathetic when it comes to others in that situation. What I'm saying is there's you and there's me... totalk opposite results in same schooling issues and same Mothering skills as far as going to school and making me dob . All through primary and early high school this was her way. My old man was a pussy alcoholic and got beat up at club often so he was no good for teaching any life lessons. Yet when I snapped and stood up for myself I couldn't believe the damage that I caused. But who gives a flying rats arm.. they asked for it they got it. And will continue to if I ever leave the house. Can't avoid if I don't stay home.
So there you have it ..doesn't matter why what when when ya broken ya broken