View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 11:27 PM   #4
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentofchange
I'm looking to secure the device with two screw holes and then mount some kind of fibreglass barrier behind the keypad - to stop access to the door rods through the two screw holes and one wire hole.
Mate you need bolts and a metal plate inside the door to stop them.They are likely to remove the screws ,but round head bolts are available and cannot be unscrewed from the outside .
Quote:
I also plan to fill the space where my keyhole used to be with fibreglass to block access to the rods..
Put fibreglass there but place a steel metal plate there inside

Quote:
I was thinking about this and the best I can come up with is fuses/or low voltage diodes between the numberpad and the control module..
Put a reed switch on the panel on the inside so when it is removed the alarm will trigger.

Quote:
The device is designed for cars and is waterproof etc. I don't really care if kids fiddle with it - to replace the keypad costs about the same as having the lock remounted - and less than replacing the whole handle mechanism (if thats whats required).

It's a solution in progress - I figure my car will be harder to break into with no keyhole.
How about the windows?

If they drill it how will you get in ?

Last edited by Stav; 07-01-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote