View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 05:07 PM   #75
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
There may well be, you haven't asked them yet? What's wrong with asking for their input to encouage more women to the forum?
If you want to change policy that will impact an entire community, it is essential that the entire community have input as well, not just one segment. That is common sense. The fact that the rest of the community is involved does not mean women are precluded. Maybe I should ask you what is wrong with asking men for their input to encourage more women to the forum? To my knowledge good ideas are not restricted to gender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
If your so sure that your doing every thing right now then don't do anything. Nothing will change and the forum will still have only a few female members.
I dont believe that any changes you can make to posting policy would increase numbers of women, or anyone for that matter on this forum. Like any service or product, it comes down to targetted promotion, and offering something that your demographic wants. Brand recognition and fostering interest in cars/motorsports in general also help.

Otherwise you can restructure policy until noone can post anything at all. It wont cause a stampede of females to suddenly be interested in a car forum.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Last edited by Sourbastard; 11-02-2005 at 05:08 PM.