View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #47
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Default Re: Another Qantas flight goes wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale
Its false ecconomy sending maintenance overseas to another company. For example when heavy maintenance was in Sydney. If an aircraft had a problem, there was a ready supply of parts. Now they have to be hired from other companies to get them through. because they cant grab an engine or other parts of an another aircraft that wont be flying for a while while its being re furbished.

Also theres a case where they get delays in asia when a Qanats plane gets put on the waiting list because another companies aircraft jumps the que because they pay more. Hence lost profits because the aircraft is out of action for longer than necessary. Then when it gets back the job sometimes isnt doen properly & has to be fixsed again when it gets back here.

I makes you wonder why aussies should support them when they dont support us. Why dont we just use a cheaper asian airline.

Qantas had a reputaion built on being safe & Australian. People were willing to pay a little more because of that. Now there shifting all the jobs overseas & the safety is becomming questionable. Will people still pay a little more to fly with them?

I feel sorry for people like my old neighbour that did his apprenteship with Qantas in heavy maintenance, now all the jobs are going overseas, he will have to either go overseas to get a job or get a new career.
Heavy maintenance has gone to Avalon, not overseas.
VH-OEH a 438 is down there right now.

Quote: