View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 01:24 PM   #5
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
I use to fell trees and this was one of the main problems we use to have. It is 50/50. They should have assets the situation first and seen that it was two wet for them to load the truck up like that and you should have made the decision for them to stop before it got that far. In one way the should at least fill in were the truck dug up the back yard. Hope you get it sorted out.
The driver walked the route to see how wet it was, and they were 5 hours late, on a rainy day. I have plenty of photos, and the fact that they left the logs in a position that is going to cost me alot of money doesnt help. When they brought in the second truck, we removed the side fence for them to get access, and they tore all it up, and operated so unsafely that workcover would have had a field day. They then brought the truck in through the drive, running over the path around the house, cracking the corner of the slab at the front of the house.
Then they tried to pull it out forwards, spinning and sliding into the garden bed, breaking it too.
When they were dragging it out this morning, they pulled it through the table drain up the side of the house, bogging it again, and then skull dragged it through there too, ripping it all up, and covering the road with mud.
I have since tried to speak to the owner of Enrights only to be told that they wont speak to me, and to have my solicitors contact them. Communication ended with them hanging up.
I was told that they were entering my property at between 9-10 AM today to collect the truck with a crane, but they snuck in at 6:30 this morning.
I was not going to let them on the property till I had confirmation of repair to collect their truck. They came in very early, obviously thinking this may happen....
I will add, that at no time did I say anything to them about any of this yesterday, and only after they removed the truck this morning, which woke me, did I ask "so do you get a bobcat in to fix this up now" and was told, no its your problem...
I would think that as a professional, they should not have undertaken a task if they thought that damage to my property would be the outcome.

I have since taken many photos, also with the company name etc. in my yard and spoken to my legal counsel.

Last edited by 347Stroker; 04-03-2006 at 01:39 PM.
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote