View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 11:38 AM   #36
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: new tow car ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
I would have a good look at that HX Holden you have and put a 350 in it and a old 3sp T400 auto behind it with say around a 3.36 ratio diff all for around that price ?

Why are you destroying the Auto's in the 2005 Commodore ? You should have a good auto transmission cooler on it and do not tow such weight in drive use 3rd gear only on the highway or you will flog the auto out.
my brother is building a 500hp 355 holden motor, he offered me that for cost of parts only, but i'll need a T400 and converter ($5000), 9in diff ($4000), exhaust ($3000) mounts, radiator, so-on ($2000) thats almost $15k plus the cost of the motor for something i'll use once every weekend or so.
i can't afford to keep that running and the BA GT is my weekender that i love and will never give up plus i have a bike...and a boat so the kingswood must go

also no idea why the trans went, it lost fluid 5000km after its build and they topped up and said that was strange, now the pump has gone and he blamed low fluid, so no idea why it went but i guess they did something wrong with the build... plus i don't trust it, so many story's of 4l60e's repeatedly failing in adventra's. and dailying a car that doesn't get much better than 20l/100km on 98 is not great.
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: