Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #494
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Tip was interesting today. OH&S resolution to minimise weighbridge staff exposure to the great unwashed, resulting in a plastic bollard being placed 1.5m from the window where you disclose your load and details on the inward leg.

Of course it doesn’t bloody work, vehicles are too noisy for the staff to hear so they lean out of the window towards the driver, breaching the space requirement and straining their necks... I noticed later today someone had simply run over the bollard, fully destroying it and all was back to usual.

Outgoing weighbridge (D) told me that the isolationists are decluttering, yard-clearing and whatever else in an effort to mitigate cabin fever, and the tip processed over 3000 transactions through the weekend. Asked old mate, did they offer OT, apparently yes but “I just wanted to get away from the ****s and go home to have a ****ing beer!”.

Descriptive snapshots of the Australia dear to my heart.
6 users like this post: